Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beach Tilda with Inner Tube Card


I colored this image of Beach Tilda to match some beachy-looking paper that I had left over from a scrapbook layout.  I cut the image of Tilda out and she is sitting on an inner tube image that has also been cut out. Both are placed on top of a set of ovals that were die cut with Nestabilities. I used Copic markers to add water to the image.

I used a multi-colored flower with a button center as an embellishment.  I added a bow made out of red and white baker's twine.  I love this twine, which comes in many different color combinations.  It is very versatile and is great for cards and tags. It is available from a number of different manufacturers and many sellers on http://www.etsy.com/ package it in small quantities.


The inside of the card has been lined with coordinating papers and a punched border was added.




When I am trying to use up leftover scraps of patterned paper, I have to get a little bit creative to find a card layout that will work.  My friends tell me I should just throw the scraps away, but I just can't seem to do that.  It just seems so wasteful!

I am planning to do some crafting this coming weekend and will probably work on cards and small scrapbooks for sale on etsy or at The Lemon Tree.

Pat



0 comments: