Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Travels in Turkey

I can't believe that it has been more than 3 months since I updated my blog!  I am going to try to do a better job of keeping it updated.  My spot on the Creative Team for http://www.gonescrapbooking.com/ will end in a few weeks.  While I really enjoyed doing it, that will free up some time. 

The Blue Mosque in Istanbul
Last month we took a 10 day trip to Turkey to visit our daughter who was studying abroad in Istanbul.  We spent a few days in Istanbul before flying to Bodrum, along the Aegean Coast. 


View from our condo in Bodrum
 Then we flew back to Istanbul and on to Cappadoccia, in the mountains. We took a hot air balloon ride early in the morning tha was amazing. We ended the trip with 2 more days in Istanbul.

Hot Air Balloons in Cappadoccia
We had a great time on the trip and saw some very interesting places.  We were glad that we had the opportunity to go and have Kelly as our tour guide.  However, I was ready to come home at the end of 10 days.  We spent a lot of time in airports and getting from place to place on this trip.

I have been working on my scrapbook for last year's Meditarrean Cruise.  I want to finish that up before I start working on our Turkey scrapbook.

Pat
 
 

0 comments: