Saturday, September 4, 2010

I am going to Chicago for Intermediate Copic Certification!

I was so excited this week when I found out that I had been accepted for the first ever Intermediate Copic Certification class!  It is going to be held in Chicago in October and applicants were screened based on their submission of a page of samples of specific coloring techniques.  I am so honored to have been selected for the first class. 


I am going to have to practice my coloring more over the next month since I have been doing lots of scrapbooking and other papercrafting lately. With Christmas and craft shows coming up, I need to get busy and make a lot of cards.

For those who aren't familiar with Copic markers, they are very high quality alcohol-based markers that are used by stampers and artists.  They blend wonderfully, and allow even an accountant like me to color stamped images beautifully. While I certainly don't own all 334 colors, I will not admit in writing how many I have acquired!

 

Copic Certification classes use a "train the trainers" methodology to distribute Copic information and techniques.  I have taught a series of beginner Copic classes to a Copic Club at a local scrapbook retreat group, Snippin Snaps.  I am hoping to continue to teach others to use these markers to create amazing cards and to share my addiction.

Pat

0 comments: