Friday, August 27, 2010

Scrapbook Wedding Gift

Last weekend I went to NYC for a wedding reception.  The ceremony itself was private but they had a nice reception and dinner at a restaurant.  I decided to make a small scrapbook as a gift for the newlyweds.  I found this beautiful embroidered K & Company album on sale at AC Moore. 

8 1/2 " album cover with stock photo

I bought a package of shimmery K & Company papers from the Elegance line and a package of mat-sized papers from the same line. I added lots of bling, ribbon and flowers and some coordinating dimensional stickers. 

First page with "Our Special Day" title

I find it is hard to make gift albums because you have no idea what type of pictures they will have.  I try to use standard photo sizes, where possible, so that a non-scrapbooker can put the pictures in without having to do a lot of cropping.

The Ceremony Page

I used my Silhouette Digital Cutter to cut out the rings on the page above and the swirly heart vines on the page below.  They don't show up well in the photo but they turned out very nicely and help to fill in space since there are no pictures in the album yet.  I also used the Silhouette to cut out the word "Family" and the scroll tag.

Family Page

Whenever I make a gift album without pictures I like to use coordinating papers throughout. I try to adhere embellishments, like the swirls above, in a way that will allow the recipient to slide the pictures underneath.

Forever with You Page

These are just the first pages of the album.  The papers were really pretty with silver, white, almond and gray tones.  Unfortunately, I did not get good photos of them because I took them at night.

I hope the newlyweds like the album and wish them many years of happiness together.

Pat

0 comments: