Monday, July 19, 2010

My First Gonescrapbooking.com Creative Team Submission

It was exciting to see my first submission as part of the Creative Team for Gonescrapbooking.com and the National Scrapbook column at examiner.com posted online today.  I submitted a card that I made for the Shoebox Swap that I went to this weekend.

Here are the two sample cards that I made, one with a red cardfront and the other with a navy blue one:  

For those who have never participated in a Shoebox Swap, each person creates a card.  They provide a kit complete with all of the supplies necessary to make the card along with instructions and a completed card sample.  All of the supplies and tools are placed in a shoebox.  Each participant then goes around the room and completes all of the cards using the materials provided.
 
This picture is of the shoebox with the kits inside it ready to go:  


For this swap I had to make 26 kits.  I decided to use the Ruffled Butterfly stamp from Stampendous because I could stamp it in red ink and it would not require a lot of coloring or could be left plain. I also wanted to use supplies that I had on hand, but did not have enough sheets of any one patterned paper to make a full card front.  So I looked for a layout that used small pieces of patterned paper and where I could substitute different combinations of patterned papers.

This picture shows the baggies containing the completed kits: 
 
Following are instructions for assembling the card:

  • Adhere cardstock to front of card and adhere patterned papers to cardstock 
  • Cut out butterfly image and color with Copic markers, if desired 
  • Adhere yellow blossom nestability shape to card 
  • Use glue dot in center of butterfly and place on yellow blossom shape 
  • Use glue dots to adhere Dew Drops 
  • Tie ribbon and use glue dot to adhere to card 
  • Use drop of liquid glue to add yellow ribbon flower to bow 
  • If desired, add Lemon Ice stickles to center of butterfly and ends of antennas
Please check out the article on examiner.com and gonescrapbooking.com. The article includes a complete list of the supplies used.

Pat

 

0 comments: