Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Been a Quiet 4th of July Weekend

We have enjoyed the holiday weekend relaxing at home and just taking it easy.  Sometimes that is the best way to go!

I went to a crop at the Stamping and Scrapbooking Room in Greensboro on Saturday with some good friends.  It was lots of fun and I was able to complete a bunch of Birthday and Baby cards. It takes me so long to make a card, each one is truly a labour of love.

I am trying to use up some of my scraps of patterned paper, as well as some of the lines of paper that I have had in my stash for some time.  I loved the Basic Grey Two Scoops line when it came out and bought a lot of it.  Unfortunately, it never seemed to go with any of my photos so I never used it in my scrapbooking.  It works great for cards and I have made many birthday and baby cards with it.

Here is one of the baby cards I made yesterday with Two Scoops.  I used Mamabella from Stamping Bella, colored the image with Copic markers and added some flowers, pearls and ribbon.




Here is a birthday card I made with Two Scoops using the Fluffles Eat Dessert stamp.  I cut the image out and mounted it on a scalloped circle using my Nestabilities.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch and added ribbon to finish it off.




I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend!

Pat

0 comments: